The Individually Assigned EC50/EC55 Enterprise Mobile Computer That's All Business
The EC50 WiFi and EC55 WiFi/cellular enterprise mobile computers are the thinnest, lightest Zebra mobile computers yet. With the EC50/EC55, Zebra has introduced a new category—an individually assigned enterprise mobile computer with an optional integrated scanner. Businesses of any size, from large enterprises to SMBs, will appreciate the benefits of the EC50/EC55 for diverse applications inside the four walls and out in the field.
Designed to be individually assigned, these devices are always at hand, ready to work hard whenever they're needed—and wherever workers happen to be. Customers get the best of all worlds—the great smartphone look and feel workers want in their business device, the durability for all-day everyday business, plus all the business features workers need to be maximally productive, collaborate and drive device value to a new high.
Customers benefit from the EC50/EC55 extreme flexibility. In seconds, the same device that slips into a pocket can turn into a full workstation, a gun-style device that brings extreme comfort to scan intensive tasks, or a two-way radio or PBX handset for better collaboration via voice and text.
As the industry's most evolved and extensive suite of software, the enterprise-ready Mobility DNA suite improves every aspect of these devices, taking ease-of-use, device security and device manageability to a new level. The EC50/EC55 are future proof with support for payment options and RFID.
With Device Tracker customers can easily find lost and misplaced devices, even if they are powered down. The ability to purchase these devices for four years eliminates the complexities of managing different models on different platforms. And the optional gold standard in support is available to keep the devices up, running and in the hands of workers. The EC50 and EC55 are the individually-assigned smartphone-style enterprise mobile computers that are all business.
|GET A GAME CHANGING INCREASE IN INDIVIDUAL PRODUCTIVITY
Slip it in a pocket. Wear it in a holster. Turn it into a workstation, a two-way radio and a PBX mobile handset. Use an optional integrated scanner to capture barcodes. Easily navigate through apps on the 5 in. screen. Get the unmatched wired-quality WiFi performance on voice and data apps - to keep workers connected and at peak productivity. And stay connected and productive anywhere - with the 4G LTE voice and data-enabled EC55.
|SUPERCHARGE THE EC50/EC55 WITH MOBILITY DNA
When you choose the EC50/EC55, you get full Mobility DNA, the industry’s most evolved and extensive suite of advanced software tools that improve virtually every aspect of your devices. Give your workers new tools that enable faster and easier data capture. Improve device and network security with over 100 optional features you can add to Android. And drive device management time and cost to a new low.
|GET UNMATCHED TOTAL BENEFITS OF OWNERSHIP
Save big — your EC50/EC55 devices deliver a TCO that is roughly half that of a consumer smartphone, with simplified management, long lifecycles and tools that boost productivity. OS security updates are available every day your devices are in service — up to eight years — with an optional Zebra OneCare support contract.
Innovative Features of the EC50/EC55 Enterprise Mobile Computer
Get a game-changing increase in individual productivity
Customers will drive a game changing increase in individual productivity with this pocketable powerhouse that delivers the ultimate in flexibility. Slip it in a pocket. Wear it in a holster. Turn it into a two-way radio or a fully-featured mobile PBX handset. Instantly transform the EC50/EC55 into a fully-functional workstation with a monitor, keyboard and more by simply docking it in the workstation cradle accessory. Or snap on a trigger handle to bring comfort to any scan intensive task.
Keep it on and in the hands of users all day
Though it weighs only 173g with a thin 9.6mm profile, the EC50/EC55 will stand up to all-day, every-day business use. Waterproof, drop-proof and dust-proof, it's also enhanced with Corning® Gorilla® Glass on the most vulnerable device components—the touch panel and scanner exit window. Choose the standard battery with 10 hours of power or the extended battery with 13 hours of power.
Deploy a true enterprise-ready OS for business with Zebra's Mobility DNA
Our highly evolved and extensive suite of software injects new capabilities into the EC50/EC55, substantially improving ease-of-use, device security and device manageability. We've wrapped more than 100 features around Android™ 10 to create a true enterprise-class operating system. Our tools make data capture super simple for all workers. Data can be sent to the customer's existing applications right out of the box—no coding required. Mobility DNA also makes device management less time consuming and costly. Customers can deactivate Google Mobile Services for improved device security; identify and discard batteries that can no longer hold a full charge; and instantly test all main systems in a device to determine whether issues can be easily resolved on site or require service through a repair center. Device Tracker also helps eliminate theft and shrinkage; customers can easily find lost and misplaced devices—even when they're powered down.
Streamline business workflows with enterprise-class data capture
Keep workers equipped with scanning capability they can use anywhere at any time. The optional built-in enterprise scanner enables fast capture of virtually any barcode, including Digimarc, in any condition—even if it's dirty, damaged or poorly printed. Easily capture high resolution photos and videos for proof of condition, proof of return and more with the 13 MP color auto-focus rear camera. The 5 MP color front camera enables video calls that improve collaboration and provide a more personal touch.
Let workers stay connected and accomplish more with enhanced wireless connections
When it comes to WiFi performance for voice and data communications, workers can expect the best—true "wired-quality" connections. That means crystal clear voice calls and "no-waiting" rapid screen draws, courtesy of Zebra's Fusion, 2x2 MU-MIMO support and WorryFree WiFi. Bluetooth 5.0 offers twice the speed and four times the range of Bluetooth 4.2, all with less power consumption, delivering better peripheral performance and longer battery cycle times. NFC completes the EC50/EC55's trifecta of wireless technologies, allowing workers to simply tap to read ID cards, pair a printer, and in the future, complete a purchase.
Choose a cost-effective solution with unmatched total benefits of ownership
Customers save big on TCO with the EC50/EC55. Total cost over the device lifetime is roughly half that of a consumer smartphone. The familiar Android™ OS and large 5-inch screen boost ease of use and minimize training time. Support and OS security updates are available every day the device is in service—for up to eight years—with an optional Zebra OneCare™ support contract. Whether the customer uses other Zebra mobile devices now or in the future, the shared Android platform simplifies application porting and IT support.
The EC50 WiFi and EC55 WiFi/cellular enterprise mobile computers are well suited to a range of businesses, from large enterprises to SMBs, for applications within the four walls or out in the field. These devices can be sold and used alongside our extensive portfolio of Android™ mobile computers. The EC50/EC55 also benefit workers by keeping them connected and equipped at all times with a mobile device continuously assigned to them—without the need to return it for shared use.
EC50/EC55 Primary Markets
- Ancillary healthcare
- Field services
- Information lookup/assisted selling
- Price check
- Task assignment and management
- Mobile Point of Sale (POS)
- Inventory and cycle counts
- Put-away and replenishment
- Order picking
- Asset management
- Concierge service
- Luggage verification
- Event verification
- Reservation verification
- Badge scan
- Food and beverage vendors in stadiums, arenas and more
- Patient transportation
- Meal delivery
- Employee ID check
- Mobile sale
- Pharmacy sales
- Food and beverage vendors in stadiums, arenas and more
- Store managers
- Store supervisors
- Store associates
- Concierge and front of store personnel
- Ancillary healthcare workers
- Field sales associates
Lead with the EC50/EC55
Lead with the EC50/EC55 when your customers:
- Need better communication within the workforce. As our thinnest, lightest mobile computer yet, the individually assigned EC50/EC55 enterprise mobile computer enables businesses of any size to access diverse applications inside the four walls and out, giving workers the power to meet the needs of every moment whenever and wherever they are. With the EC50/EC55 in-hand, workers have the best of all worlds—the look and feel of a business device, the durability for all-day everyday business, plus all the business features to help drive personal productivity, collaboration and device value. When it comes to WiFi performance for voice and data communications, the EC50/EC55 delivers true 'wired-quality' connections. Crystal clear voice calls and 'no-waiting' rapid screen draws, courtesy of Zebra's Fusion, 2x2 MU-MIMO support and WorryFree WiFi. Plus, Bluetooth 5.0 offers twice the speed and four times the range of Bluetooth 4.2, all with less power, delivering better peripheral performance and longer battery cycle times.
- Want to increase productivity with flexible solutions. The lightweight pocketable EC50/EC55 delivers a game changing increase in individual productivity. Individually assigned, the users get extreme flexibility—in just seconds the same device that slips into a pocket can turn into a full workstation with a monitor and keyboard, a gun-style device that brings extreme comfort to scan intensive tasks, and a two-way radio or a full-featured mobile PBX handset for better collaboration via voice and text. Workers can power all these features for a full day work with the standard battery (up to 10 hours), or even more (13 hours) with the extended battery.
- Appreciate the built-in scanner option for their data capture needs. The EC50/EC55's optional built-in scanner enables the fast capture of virtually any barcode, including Digimarc, in any condition—even if it's dirty, damaged or poorly printed. Easily capture high resolution photos and videos for proof of condition, proof of return and more with the 13 MP color auto-focus rear camera. Improve collaboration and provide a more personal touch through video calls via the 5 MP color front camera. With the 5-inch screen, it's easy to view it all.
- Require ease of device management, in conjunction with other Zebra mobile devices used by other groups of workers. Our enterprise-ready Mobility DNA injects new features and functionalities into the EC50/EC55, improving ease-of-use, device security and device manageability. There are tools that make data capture super simple for all of workers, enabling workers to send that data right to their existing apps, right out of the box—no coding required. With over 100 features wrapped around Android™ 10, the EC50/EC55 offers a true enterprise-class operating system. The EC50/EC55 is also ready for the future with support for payment options and RFID. With Device Tracker workers can easily find lost and misplaced devices, even if they are powered down. Also, the ability to purchase these devices for four years eliminates the complexities of managing different models on different platforms.
EC50/EC55 Enterprise Mobile Computer Services Opportunities – Zebra OneCare™ Support Services
To enable predictable performance, operations and improved business outcomes, while eliminating unbudgeted repair costs, Zebra OneCare™ delivers expert technical assistance, repair services and software support for your customer's devices. Without a service plan, a single repair can potentially cost more than the device and can take weeks to complete. Increase device uptime and avoid unbudgeted repair costs with a Zebra OneCare service agreement. Choose from a variety of plans to fit operational needs—both today and as operations evolve—and rely on trained Zebra technicians to bring your customer's device back to factory specifications.
With Zebra OneCare, we help ensure the device is online and ready for business, ensuring critical business processes and operations are performing at peak levels.
With multiple levels of service to choose from to fit a range of business needs, Zebra OneCare provides:
- 24/7 always-available web self-service via Zebra's online support center.
- Software/firmware updates and upgrades.
- Ability to track repair status via the Support Dashboard feature.
- Device Diagnostic Tool to provide accurate real time device status information to help with telephone triage with Zebra's Support Center.
- Repair Services for normal wear and tear and device failure coverage, plus varying levels of repair support, depending upon your needs.
- Plus, we offer additional for-fee options so you can customize your service level to fit your customer's business needs.