A Flexible UHF RFID Sled with Superior Read Performance
Compatible with the latest Zebra mobile computers, the RFD40 UHF RFID sled delivers superior read performance, flexibility and ease of management.
The RFD40 sled delivers industry-best read performance at 1300+ tag reads per second, an optimized read range, and an increased 7000 mAh battery capacity that decreases time spent on cycle counting and inventory. Workers can charge the sled and mobile computer at the same time and easily switch between different Zebra mobile computers.
This state-of-the-art RAIN RFID sled also features a new tri-function programmable trigger and connects to virtually any current and future Zebra mobile computer directly through eConnex™ adaptors or through other USB accessories. Plus, users get the durable drop specs, optimal battery performance, and superior ergonomic design they've come to expect from Zebra.
With the ability to use multiple mobile computer models with the same sled, adapt to new mobile computers as they are released, and easily adapt their charging/communication cradles as well, customers have a budget-friendly, future-proof RFID sled solution.
|Next Generation Connectivity
With the new eConnex™ technology that allows for snap-and-go pairing, you can future-proof your workplace with a sled that supports the latest Zebra mobile computers including WWAN-enabled variants. What’s more, the sled has the ability to instantly connect to supported Zebra eConnex-enabled devices.
|Efficiency with Staying Power
With an industry-best 1300+ tag reads per second, optimized read range and a customizable tri-function trigger that lets associates quickly access often-used features, such as RFID reading, barcode scanning and other critical actions, your workers will be able to tackle cycle counting and inventory with this RFID powerhouse.
|Adapt and Go
Designed to adapt as new Zebra mobile computers come out, the RFD40 Sled will continue to help associates work smarter not harder well into the future. When you upgrade the quick and easy, tool-free changeable adaptors and cradle cups allow workers to swap out devices quickly.
Innovative Features of the RFD40 UHF RFID Sled
Next Generation Connectivity for Ultimate Flexibility
With the new eConnex™ technology that allows for snap-and-go pairing, the RFD40 sled supports the latest Zebra mobile computers including WWAN-enabled variants. What's more, the sled has the ability to instantly connect to supported Zebra eConnex-enabled devices. So, customers need not be tied to a single specific device; they can use multiple mobile computers with the same sled—and the same cradles, with the appropriate cradle cup.
Industry-Leading Performance and Ergonomics for Unparalleled Worker Efficiency
The RFD40 sled outperforms the competition with 1300+ tag reads per second and a 20+ foot read range. With a 7000mAh battery capacity and quick release function that's accessible without removing the mobile computer, it can keep going hour after hour. The tri-function trigger allows associates to quickly access RFID reading, barcode scanning and a programmable third function such as the enter key or push to talk. Finally, the ultra-accurate item-finder mode will enable workers to locate critical items or assets with ease. These innovations add up to reduced task time and less strain on workers.
Configuration Is Easy with 123RFID Software
Configure the RFD40 with 123RFID Desktop or 123RFID Mobile. The RFD40 sled can now connect to 123RFID Desktop via USB cable or cable cup. Customers can configure their sleds live and offline. Use 123RFID Desktop for proofs-of-concept and demos.
SDK Compatibility Means Easy Updates—and No Need to Rewrite Applications
Customers can quickly transition to new generations of product without the need for a major rewrite of their application. The SDKs for the RFD40 sled are based on the current Zebra RFID handheld SDK. Only a recompile of the current application with the new SDK is required for customers to get up and running on the new RFD40 sled. The RFD40, RFD8500, RFD2000 and MC3300xR are all supported by the same SDK.
Modular Design Provides for Adaptive, Future-Proof Solutions
The RFD40 sled supports Zebra's current mobile computers as well as new mobile computers as they come out. The easy-to-change, tool-free sled adaptors allow workers to swap out the adaptor quickly while maintaining compatibility. There's no need to send RFD40 back to IT for retrofitting. In addition, when your customers are ready to upgrade their mobile computer, Zebra's game-changing cradle cup can be swapped out with ease. Using just a coin screw, it can be changed without tools or the hassle of plugging or unplugging any wire harnesses, simplifying the experience for all users. The adaptable RFD40 will protect the customer's investment for years to come.
Multiple Charging Solutions Maximize Charging Flexibility and Efficiency
The charging solutions for the RFD40 sled give users a flexible way to power up the sled and mobile computer. Featuring two sets of charging pins, each cradle cup can charge the RFD40 sled by itself, the mobile computer by itself, or the combination of RFD40 sled and mobile computer when attached together. Cradle cups are available for each combination of RFD40 sled and mobile computer.
Innovative Cradle Simplifies Device Visibility and Management
Cradles that support the RFD40 sled come in both 1-slot and multi-slot options, as well as charge-only and communication variants. For communication support, the 1-slot cradles possess a micro-USB port for connection to a host PC while the multi-slot cradles possess an Ethernet port for connection to a corporate network. This connectivity allows for customers to remotely manage their RFD40 sleds while in the cradle and includes the ability to set configuration, push out firmware upgrades, and get device health information So, customers can get more information about their devices with less effort.
The RFD40 UHF RFID sled provides a flexible, high-performance RFID solution compatible with the latest Zebra mobile computers. It will support new Zebra mobile computers as they are released—requiring only a new sled adaptor and cradle cup.
With the RFD40 you can give customers a single RFID solution that supports multiple mobile computers, so you spend less time worrying about the complexities of the customer's portfolio—and your customer experiences a better ROI.
In addition, with a single shared SDK, it will be easy for a customer or ISV partner to transition applications from the previous generation of sleds to the new generation.
The primary markets for RFD40 are:
- Retail: Small to medium retailers to big box retailers
- Hospitality: Quick serve restaurants, hotel chains and more
- Healthcare: Hospitals, pharmacies and laboratories of all sizes
Key applications include:
- Cycle counting
- Item finding
- Planogram compliance
- Inventory management
- Warehouse management
- Back-of-store management
- Direct Store Delivery (DSD) and route accounting
- Check-in and administration
- Ticketing for concerts, sporting events and more
- Loyalty cards
- Food safety and traceability
- Inventory management
- Field service
- Specimen tracking
- Patient tracking
- Hospital asset management and tracking
- Staff management and tracking
- Patient identification and admission
- Medication administration
- Pharmacy management and tracking
The primary users are:
- Sales associates
- Hospitality workers
- Medical workers
Lead with RFD40 sled when your customers:
- Are purchasing or already have an installed base of Zebra mobile computers that are compatible with the RFD40 sled including the TC21/26 and EC50/55 mobile computers.
- Appreciate the benefits of being able to use a single sled with multiple Zebra mobile computer models—and easily switch between devices. One device can serve multiple applications. For example, a retailer may need an EC50 in front of store and TC21 in back of store. Now both devices fit in the same sled, so the customer does not have two products to manage.
- Value the ROI that comes from a future-proof device—designed to be compatible with present and future Zebra mobile computers. The future proof RFD40 gives customers the ability to use multiple mobile computer models with the same sled, adapt to new mobile computers as they are released, and easily adapt their charging/communication cradles.
- Are currently using competitors' sleds or the RFD2000 and would benefit from increased tag read performance. The RFD40 sled delivers industry-best read performance at 1100+ tag reads per second.
- Need devices that are simple to manage, deploy and update remotely. Customers can get more information about their devices with less effort. They can remotely manage their RFD40 sleds while in the cradle and set configuration, push out firmware upgrades, and get device health information.
- May need their workers to switch easily between RFID reading and barcode reading. The RFD40 sled features a tri-function trigger that allows users to quickly access RFID reading, barcode scanning and a programmable third function such as the enter key or push to talk.
RFD40 UHF RFID Sled Services Opportunities
To enable predictable performance, operations and improved business outcomes, while eliminating unbudgeted repair costs, Zebra OneCare™ delivers expert technical assistance, repair services and software support for your customer's devices. Without a service plan, a single repair can potentially cost more than the device and can take weeks to complete. Increase device uptime and avoid unbudgeted repair costs with a Zebra OneCare service agreement. Choose from a variety of plans to fit operational needs—both today and as operations evolve—and rely on trained Zebra technicians to bring your customer's device back to factory specifications.
With Zebra OneCare, we help ensure the device is online and ready for business, ensuring critical business processes and operations are performing at peak levels.
With multiple levels of service to choose from to fit a range of business needs, Zebra OneCare provides:
- 24/7 always-available web self-service via Zebra's online Support Portal
- Software/firmware updates and upgrades
- Ability to track repair status via the Support Dashboard feature
- Device Diagnostic Tool to provide accurate real time device status information to help with telephone triage with Zebra's Support Center
- Repair Services for normal wear and tear and device failure coverage, plus varying levels of repair support, depending upon your needs
- Plus, we offer additional for-fee Options so you can customize your service level to fit your customer's business needs