The Dependable Tablet Created for the Workers the World Depends On
Every day, we depend on the many workers who protect our community, maintain critical infrastructures and make the products we rely on. First responders, utility field service teams and manufacturing production line workers are essential to our way of life. They need a tablet tailored for the essential work they perform—and the ET80/ET85 delivers.
Today, more customers are opting to give mobile workers the flexibility of 2-in-1 devices. These users want true laptop replacements, purpose-built to work the way they work. The ET80/ET85 meets this rising demand. Transforming quickly from tablet to laptop to fixed or mobile workstation, and with an optional integrated barcode scanner, the ET80/ET85 provides the features and flexibility workers need to stay productive—wherever their work takes them. With advanced CPUs and PowerPrecision+ batteries, workers have all the power they need to run their applications. And with support for advanced communications, including WiFi 6E, optional 5G or 4G, and more, they can stay connected without interruptions. The WiFi-only ET80 is ideal for inside the four walls, while the WiFi and cellular ET85 provides one-device simplicity for workers on the move in the field.
While the ET80/ET85 is designed to the latest rugged standards (MIL-STD-810H), it is also greater than 35% thinner and 20% lighter than competing 2-in-1 devices with the same screen size, providing superior portability for all-day use. With the universal docking solution, the tablet can be mounted on a desktop or in a vehicle, with or without the rugged keyboard attached.
ET80/ET85 offers all the security, manageability, and compatibility of Windows 10, including Windows Hello support, but also adds the benefits of Zebra Mobility DNA and DataCapture DNA for Windows, including applications for collaboration and productivity. With Workforce Connect Push to Talk, PowerPrecision+ batteries and 123Scan, Zebra brings new capabilities and ease of use to a Windows tablet.
With Zebra's comprehensive ecosystem of accessories, customers can configure the ideal solution for workers' specific challenges. Also, with Zebra OneCare® enterprise-level support, they can protect investments, ensure maximum uptime for devices and deliver a seamless experience for their workers.
|Engineered to Work Your Way for the Work You Perform
Critical missions call for technology that's tailored to work for you and alongside you. The ET80/ET85 tablets are thinner and lighter than other 2-in-1 rugged tablets on the market. They adapt to your way of working – as you move from the field to a vehicle to inside a facility, these tablets transform into a laptop or a fixed or mobile full workstation to best meet your needs.
|Keep Teams Connected to Each Other, Everywhere
In your line of work, time is of the essence and trust is non-negotiable. With advanced wireless connections, you get the fastest Wi-Fi and cellular speeds with support for Wi-Fi 6E and 5G or 4G. In addition, public safety network certification provides first responders connectivity you can count on wherever you are. Make more of your most precious resources and achieve something remarkable for those depending on you.
|Built for Unforgiving Roles and Environments
Overcoming obstacles is part of your daily routine—urgencies happen with regularity. Take on a tablet that's as tough as your environment with military-grade ruggedness. Zebra ET80 and ET85 2-in-1 Rugged Tablets go anywhere you do, and put up with more, so you can worry less about your equipment and stay focused on the moments that matter.
DOWNLOAD THE ET80/ET85 SPEC SHEET
DOWNLOAD THE PRACTICAL GUIDE TO SELLING IN-VEHICLE SOLUTIONS (Rugged Vehicle-mount Mobile Computers vs. Rugged Tablets)
DOWNLOAD THE ZEBRA RUGGED TABLETS PORTFOLIO POSITIONING GUIDE
DOWNLOAD THE TRANSITION FLYER: UPGRADING FROM R12 TO ET80/ET85
DOWNLOAD THE TOP 5 REASONS END-USERS SHOULD BUY THE ET80/ET85
DOWNLOAD THE ET80/ET85 INFOGRAPHIC
DOWNLOAD THE ET80/ET85 ACCESSORY GUIDE
DOWNLOAD THE PUBLIC SAFETY TABLET BROCHURE
Innovative Features of ET80/ET85 Rugged 2-in-1 Windows Tablets
Superior ergonomics for mission-critical workers
Thinner and lighter than its 2-in-1 competitors, the ET80/ET85 delivers easy portability. Placed in the vehicle dock, its low profile gives drivers maximum visibility as well as easy access to information-rich screens. Designed to the latest rugged standards (MIL-STD-810H) and with Class 1 Div 2 certification, the ET80/ET85 supports use when flammable hazardous materials are present. The screen is easy to view indoors and outside, even in bright sunlight. The touchscreen works when wet and with gloves, and with a keystroke, conceal mode instantly turns off the display and keyboard backlight for safety and data privacy.
Unmatched versatility—with 2 devices in 1
Transform the ET80/ET85 from a tablet to a laptop and back in seconds by simply attaching and detaching the rugged keyboard. With a universal docking solution, the tablet transforms into a desktop in the office or a mobile workstation in a police car, truck, forklift and more. The rugged keyboard with friction hinge allows workers to choose the best angle for their use, creating a true laptop experience for data input anywhere—including their lap.
The most advanced wireless connections ensure dependable connectivity
The fastest WiFi, cellular and Bluetooth speeds with support for WiFi 6E, 4G/5G, and Bluetooth 5.2, keep workers connected anywhere at any time. With support for CBRS, companies can enable private LTE networks that provide cost-effective wireless connectivity in the largest facilities—indoors and outside. Public safety network certification provides first responders with a connection they can count on.
A full family of options and accessories enables tailored solutions
With security, wireless, power and other integrated options, including an integrated barcode scanner, customers can configure the exact feature set their workers need. Also, with a broad range of accessories, the ET80/ET85 can be the perfect fit for nearly every worker. Create a mobile workstation in vehicles and forklifts or a desktop in the office with a universal docking solution that accommodates both laptop and tablet modes. Two expansion backs with optional kickstand allow the user to add an auxiliary battery slot for double-shift power. Accessories include batteries and charging solutions, a rugged boot for even greater durability, a stylus, and a shoulder strap, handle and rotating hand-strap for easy portability.
Built-in protection prevents unauthorized access
Security features include a Windows Hello camera for facial recognition and an optional fingerprint reader, enabling two-factor authentication. A Common Access Card (CAC) reader provides government-grade data security.
Value-added Zebra-only software takes collaboration and productivity to the next level
The ET80/ET85 offers Zebra Mobility and DataCapture DNA for Windows, with a range of communication and management tools. Workforce Connect Push-to-talk communication and secure text messaging keeps the workforce connected. PowerPrecision+ batteries provide critical battery health metrics to ensure workers have battery power they can count on. With 123Scan, users can automatically detect and configure the integrated scanner.
Customers are moving from notebooks to 2-in-1 devices more and more. With the introduction of the ET80/ET85, Zebra becomes a key player in the fast-growing 2-in-1 segment—with a highly competitive solution. With its optional keyboard with friction hinge, ET80/ET85 performs like a true, high speed laptop.
The Zebra ET80/ET85 provides excellent value in a fully rugged, 12" detachable rugged 2-in-1 Windows tablet, targeting primarily public safety, utility/telco, field service, government and manufacturing with secondary targets of specialized manufacturing, military, construction installation and natural resources. This tablet will replace the XSLATE R12.
Targets for Different Models:
The ET80 is a WiFi-only device and is ideal for workers inside the four walls.
• Manufacturing plant floor
• Specialized manufacturing
The ET85 adds cellular communications and is ideal for workers outside the four walls.
• State and local government / public safety
• Utilities / field service
• Natural resources (oil and gas, mining, forestry, agriculture)
Manufacturing Plant Floor
- Plant management
- Mobile HMI
- PLC programming
- Maintenance and repair
- Quality assurance
- Forklift operations
- Clean room
- Milling control programming
State and Local Government / Public Safety
- Routing/dispatch communications
- Personnel tracking
- Incident reporting
- Patient care reporting
- Records management
- Mobile incident command
- Inventory management
Utilities / Field Service
- Routing/dispatch communications
- Personnel tracking
- Emergency repairs
- Mobile work order management
- Safety inspection and compliance
- Meter reading
- Remote assistance
State and Local Government / Public Safety
Utilities / Field Service
- Field technician
- Field engineer
- Plant manager
- Line worker
- Forklift operator
Lead with the ET80/ET85 rugged 2-in-1 Windows tablets when your customers:
- Have groups of workers whose tasks are either mission-critical or business-critical, and who are often on the move between indoor, outdoor or vehicle locations.
- Need a Windows device for compatibility with diverse enterprise applications.
- Want a tablet that can run the latest applications at full speed—but will not break the budget.
- Have workers with long, demanding days who need true laptop capabilities and will benefit from the lighter, thinner form factor and other ergonomic features.
- Need a rugged device that can be used in bad weather, accidentally dropped, or used in very bright or dark environments.
- Have been considering 2-in-1 devices or pure laptops from other vendors.
- May have been purchasing the Zebra XSLATE R12 as well as competing devices.
- Want to step up from tablet-only solutions to give workers broader application access and better data entry capabilities.
- Appreciate the advantages of managing ONE device with different configuration options to meet the needs of different groups of workers.
- May be experiencing pains around poor connectivity and will benefit from advanced wireless capabilities.
- Already benefit from Mobility and DataCapture DNA in Zebra handheld devices and want these features in their Windows tablets.
- Need two-factor authentication with facial recognition—so workers don't have to remove their gloves.
- Have pains around batteries dying in the field, misplaced devices or poor vendor support.
ET80/ET85 Rugged 2-in-1 Windows Tablets Services Opportunities
Constant peak performance and device uptime. That's the upside of protecting your customer's device investment with Zebra OneCare™ support services. Make sure your customers' devices are online and ready for business, ensuring critical business processes and operations are performing at peak levels while also reducing device vulnerabilities, eliminating unexpected disruptions and unbudgeted repair expenses.
Without a service plan, a single repair can potentially cost more than the device and can take weeks to complete. Increase device uptime and avoid unbudgeted repair costs with Zebra OneCare.
With Zebra OneCare, we help ensure the device is online and ready for business, ensuring critical business processes and operations are performing at peak levels. Choose the one that is right for your customer.
Zebra OneCare Essential:
- Comprehensive repair services
- 3-day repair turnaround
- 8x5 local time technical support
- Device Diagnostics tool
- Insight into contracts, repair reports and more with cloud-based VisibilityIQ™ OneCare
Zebra OneCare Select:
- All the features of Essential, PLUS
- 'Like-new' advance device replacement
- 24x7 technical support
- Spare pools management
- Standard Device Commissioning preloads devices with OS, software and applications
Zebra OneCare Enhancements: flexible enhancements to fit your business needs
- Battery Services
- Battery Maintenance: tests batteries and replaces those that cannot reach minimum 80% charge during testing
- Battery Refresh: consolidated shipment of replacement batteries at a predetermined time
- Enhanced shipping logistics
- Expedited Collection Option: pre-paid shipping labels and to schedule carrier pick up using Zebra RMA portal
- Expedited 2-way Shipping Option: express shipping of devices into Zebra's Repair Center and provide express return shipping of repaired devices back to customer
- Commissioning Services
- Standard Commissioning Services: provides an "out of box, ready to use" experience with the repaired or replaced device pre-loaded with OS version, customer software, applications and configurations
- Advanced Commissioning Services: addresses more complex operational and configuration requirements over and above "Standard Commissioning Services"
- VisibilityIQ™ Foresight
- Transforms device data into actionable insight into a single cloud-based, color-coded view
- Predictive intelligence helps operational staff anticipate recurring events and catch potential problems before they affect the bottom line
- Realize increased workforce productivity, operational efficiency and ROI by optimizing device availability and maximizing asset utilization