The Ultimate in Performance, Innovation and Manageability
The checkout stand is the last chance to leave shoppers with a good impression. The quality of the checkout experience is heavily dependent upon the performance of the scanner. With the DS8100 Series handheld imager, every shopper will leave with the ultimate last impression. The DS8100 Series rises above conventional imagers to deliver unprecedented scanning performance on virtually every 1D and 2D barcode, keeping checkout lines moving and cashiers free to deliver a more personal checkout experience. Because when it comes to the checkout experience in your customer's store, only the best will do.
Innovative Features of the DS8100 Series
Unparalleled performance on virtually every barcode in any condition
Only the DS8100 Series combines the power of an 800 MHz microprocessor, a high-resolution megapixel sensor and Zebra's exclusive PRZM technology. With this unique combination of hardware and advanced algorithms, the DS8100 Series instantly captures the most problematic barcodes—including dense, poorly-printed, crinkled, faded, distorted, dirty or damaged as well as electronic barcodes on dimly-lit displays.
Superior scan range
A scanning range of up to 24 in./61 cm, a high resolution imaging sensor and a bright "aiming spot" improve checkout speed. Now, cashiers in busy checkout environments can easily scan items in a customer's shopping cart—without leaving the register.
Power to scan continuously for 24 hours
No matter how busy a store is, with Zebra's exclusive PowerPrecision+ smart battery in the cordless DS8178, workers will always have the power they need for the busiest shift. Scanning devices are always available—no need for charging during the business day.
Support for the barcode of the future: Digimarc®*
The DS8100 Series supports Digimarc digital watermark technology, which enables a barcode to be printed repeatedly over all surfaces of a product like wallpaper—yet remain completely invisible to the naked eye. Cashiers no longer need to locate and position a barcode in the imager's field of view, enabling faster checkout and easier self-checkout.
* Available April 2017
Capture multiple barcodes with one press of the scan trigger
Multi-code Data Formatting (MDF) provides the ability to capture multiple barcodes and transmit only those required in the precise order the application requires
DS8100 SERIES MARKETS
The primary market for the DS8100 Series is:
The secondary markets for the DS8100 Series are:
- Transportation & Logistics
- Light/Clean Manufacturing
DS8100 SERIES APPLICATIONS
- Traditional POS activities (e.g., product scanning)
- Loyalty applications
- Electronic coupons (mobile phones)
- Ticketing (venues; concerts/sporting events, etc.)
- Loyalty cards
Transportation & Logistics applications:
- Back-of-store shipping/receiving
- Product tracking
- Ticketing (airports, train terminals, ski lifts)
Light/Clean Manufacturing applications:
- Product tracking (1D & 2D)
- Hands-free applications for product/component tracking
- Lottery and gaming administration
- Custom branding
- Government administration
DS8100 SERIES PRIMARY USERS
The primary users of the DS8100 Series are retail, hospitality, transportation and logistics, light/clean manufacturing and OEM/government personnel.
- Sales associates
- Event entry personnel
- Reception staff
Transportation & Logistics:
- Loading dock personnel
- Airport clerks
- Train conductors
- Assembly line personnel
- Shift supervisors
- Sales clerks
- Office administrators
Lead with the DS8100 Series When Your Customers:
- Require a device that can read any barcode regardless of condition. The DS8100 Series instantly captures the most problematic barcodes—including dense, poorly-printed, crinkled, faded, distorted, dirty or damaged as well as electronic barcodes on dimly-lit displays.
- Need the ability to capture full-page documents. The DS8100 Series is the only device in its class that can capture a full page document. With a single press of the scan trigger, Zebra's Intelligent Document Capture and the high-resolution 1280 x 960 camera work together to capture a high-resolution image of a full page 8.5 x 11 or A4 document, and transmit the data in the right format for electronic storage—eliminating the cost and space requirements for a document scanner.
- Need the ability to capture drivers' license data. With one press of the scan trigger, cashiers can capture and parse data on drivers' licenses to automatically populate a loyalty or credit card application, verify age for age-restricted purchases, and more.
- Require Digimarc support for the latest barcode technology.
- Want 24-hour scanning ability. Zebra's exclusive PowerPrecision+ smart battery provides the cordless DS8178 with necessary power for the busiest shift. Devices are always available, no need for charging during the business day.
The following Enterprise Mobility Services are available to keep the DS8100 operating at peak performance throughout its lifecycle:
LENGTH OF COVERAGE
Zebra OneCare Essential
Zebra OneCare Select
For additional information about Zebra Services, please visit our microsite
Retail Business Development Manager