The DS2200 Series General Purpose Handheld Imager
Affordability and Simplicity Delivered
2D barcodes have made their way to Point of Sale (POS), appearing on everything from the items shoppers are purchasing to printed and electronic coupons and loyalty cards. 1D scanners cannot capture the new 2D codes, leading to exceptions that slow down the checkout process and frustrate shoppers at that last key personal touchpoint in the store. But with the Zebra DS2200 Series, retailers can scan it all.
The DS2200 Series is an affordable 1D/2D imager that does not compromise performance or features for price. Users can choose the model that best fits their POS needs—the corded DS2208 or the cordless DS2278*. The DS2200 Series offers affordability with the deployment, ease of use and management simplicity businesses require.
Innovative Features of the DS2200 Series
Pre-configured and ready to use, right out of the box
Since default settings are optimized for the majority of scanning applications, the DS2200 Series imager is usable the moment it's removed from the box—no configuration required. Just plug the DS2200 Series into a Point of Sale (POS) and the auto-host detect cables will automatically identify the interface and connect the imager, simplifying and reducing setup time. With Zebra's industry-first Scan-to-Connect technology, workers can pair the cordless DS2278 with any Bluetooth-enabled PC, tablet or smartphone in a single step.
Instant decoding with PRZM intelligent imaging
Only from Zebra, PRZM's software decode algorithms for the DS2200 Series deliver superior performance on poor-quality barcodes. The result is first-time, every-time scanning to help workers improve productivity at the checkout counter.
Unsurpassed scanning range and simplicity
Workers can scan barcodes across a wide range (0.5 in./1.23 cm to 14.5 in./36.8 cm), improving checkout speed and reducing training time. And with omni-directional scanning, users never need to line up the imager and the barcode—unlike 1D scanners.
Easily customize settings with 123Scan
This complementary software tool is so intuitive that even a first-time user can easily set up a DS2200 Series imager. The wizard-driven interface makes it easy to embed all settings into a single programming barcode, enabling configuration of devices with a single scan.
On-the-fly switching between handheld and hands-free scanning
Regardless of whether workers are using the corded DS2208 or the cordless DS2278, workers can simply place the imager in its presentation stand to automatically switch to hands-free mode—no change of settings is required.
Battery designed to last
The long-lasting 2400 mAh Lithium Ion battery in the cordless DS2278 will likely never need to be replaced, reducing total cost of ownership and simplifying everyday management by eliminating the need to purchase and manage a battery pool. Plug the imager directly into the host or any standard wall socket via the Micro USB cable to charge the DS2278 in just an hour. The presentation cradle, which provides hands-free scanning, charges the DS2278 in just four hours.
DS2200 SERIES MARKETS
The primary market for the DS2200 Series is:
The secondary markets for the DS2200 Series are:
- Transportation & Logistics
- Light/Clean Manufacturing
DS2200 SERIES APPLICATIONS
- Traditional POS activities
- Loyalty applications
- Electronic coupons (mobile phones)
- Ticketing (venues; concerts/sporting events, etc.)
- Loyalty cards
Transportation & Logistics applications:
- Back-of-store shipping/receiving
- Product tracking
- Ticketing (airports, train terminals, ski lifts)
Light/Clean Manufacturing applications:
- Product tracking (1D & 2D)
- Hands-free applications for product/component tracking
- Lottery and gaming administration
- Custom branding
- Government administration
DS2200 SERIES PRIMARY USERS
The primary users of the DS2200 Series are retail, hospitality, transportation and logistics, light/clean manufacturing and OEM/government personnel.
- Sales associates
- Event entry personnel
- Reception staff
Transportation & Logistics:
- Loading dock personnel
- Airport clerks
- Train conductors
- Assembly line personnel
- Shift supervisors
- Sales clerks
- Office administrators
Lead with the DS2200 Series
- Require a smart scanner that provides all the benefits of 2D imaging at an outstanding value to businesses. The DS2200 series was purpose-built to be easy-to-deploy, easy-to-use and easy-to-manage for Zebra's customers across the globe.
- Need an affordable scanner option. The DS2200 series offers a seamless upgrade path to 2D technology at a price point comparable to 1D legacy scanners, and is Zebra's first value-based 2D scanner entry.
- Want the best available imaging quality. The DS2200 series incorporates many of Zebra's technology innovations to deliver the best all-around 2D imager in its class.
- Require a scanning device that pairs easily with existing POS equipment and provides fast, flexible charging, right out of the box.
The following Enterprise Mobility Services are available to keep the DS2200 operating at peak performance throughout its lifecycle:
LENGTH OF COVERAGE
Zebra OneCare Essential
· Multiple years of seamless coverage at a one-time cost
· Covers normal wear and tear
· Depot repair with 3-day in-house turnaround time for Essential-level
· Advance device replacement for Select-level service
· Service Dashboard included with Select-level service
· 24/7 Level One Support included with Select-level service
· Automatic application of engineering changes
· Full access to technical support resources
· Rights to download and use software releases and supporting documentation
Zebra OneCare Select
For additional information about Zebra Services, please visit our microsite
Retail Business Development Manager