Swipe Reader / Writers
The Augusta is a secure EMV chip and magnetic stripe reader that is specifically designed to offer retailers a simple upgrade path to EMV from traditional desktop magnetic stripe readers. This reader is able to provide superior reading performance while also encrypting sensitive magnetic stripe and EMV data. With all data encrypted, the Augusta can participate in end-to-end solutions reducing the risk of data compromises.
This reader has been designed to use ID TECH’s Common L2 Kernel and can be utilized with ID TECH’s Universal SDK. By using the Universal SDK, coding efforts to the Augusta and other ID TECH Common L2 products is greatly reduced.
Easy To Use:
The Augusta is very user friendly and reliable. It is available in USB-HID configuration and uses common HID drivers. Beepers, LEDs and bidirectional communication make interacting with the unit very intuitive. The location of the mounting holes makes it easy to mount to any previous MiniMag II or SecuRED mounting bracket. The Augusta is able to support 1,000,000 magnetic stripe operations or 500,000 EMV transactions.
- Encryption capable 3-track MagStripe swiper and ICC reader
- ICC reader that is EMV L1 certified and hosts the Common L2 kernel
- Visual and audible feedback to signal good/bad card reads, etc
- TDES and AES encryption algorithm for MagStripe and contact EMV output
- Supports ID TECH standard TR31 (and optional TR34) based Remote Key Injection
Encrypted Intelligent MagStripe Swipe Reader
Full Functionality & Compact Size
SecureMag™ is a 100mm magnetic stripe card reader that offers retailers a complete and reliable security solution. This intelligent reader delivers superior reading performance while encrypting sensitive data that complies with PCI-DSS requirements. The SecureMag ensures all data transactions are protected from end to end reducing fraud and data compromises. Data encryption prevents card holder information from being accessed when data is stored or in transit. It also allows customers the flexibility to choose a decryption party right for them. The SecureMag supports TDES and AES data encryption using DUKPT key management.
Each SecureMag card reader is assigned a unique serial number for tracking purposes. Encrypted data output with confirmation data in clear text form is programmable up to the first six digits and the last four digits of the account number. For increased data protection, SecureMag has several operational security levels allowing the user to select the security profile needed for the application.
Easy to Use & Install
The uniquely designed flat surface allows for mounting in different orientations using threaded inserts or Velcro®. The cable can exit through the side or bottom which provides flexibility in mounting options.
Features and Benefits:
- Reader can function as a standard reader, or can be configured to an encrypted reader
- Each device includes a unique serial number
- Provides clear text confirmation data including card holder’s name and a portion of the PAN as part of the masked track data
- Powered through USB port, no external power supply required
- Bidirectional card reading
- Reads encoded data that meets ANSI/ISO/AAMVA standards and most custom formats such as ISO track one format on track two or three
- Reads up to three tracks of card data
- Clear identification of successful card reads with a beeper and tricolored LED indicators
- Supports TDES & AES encryption (TDES is standard)
- DUKPT key management
Barcode & MagStripe Reader
Part #: WCR32XX
The Omni reader is originally designed for the demanding Access Control and Time & Attendance markets. Its die cast metal base, stainless steel wear plate, and impact-resistant housing make Omni ideal for the growing market of self-service and un-attended applications. The Omni reads up to three (varies by model) tracks of magnetic information with a single swipe in either direction. Omni reads most bar code symbologies; both visible or infrared bar code data and/or MagStripe data, both in a single swipe. It has a beeper and three-color LED indicator to signal a successful read. The reader is programmable so that the data format and intelligent interface output can be programmed & configured to match application communication requirements.
- Reads both magnetic stripe and barcode media
- Reliable for over 1,000,000 card swipes
- Superior reading of high jitter, scratched, and worn MagStripe cards
- Metal base can be securely mounted with cable exits from side, end, or bottom
- Weatherproof, sealed or extended temperature versions are available
- Dual sided MagStripe head versions option
- Red or infrared bar code reader option
Business Account Management Team