Epson Launches Revolutionary OmniLink TM-T88VI Series POS Printers
Merchants Benefit from Multi-interface Connectivity, OmniLink Merchant Services Support, Beacon and NFC Integration, Faster Transaction Speeds,Enhanced Energy & Paper Savings
New York, NY, January 16, 2017- Today, at the National Retail Federation's 105th Annual Convention and Expo, Epson America, Inc., a leading supplier of value-added Point of Sale (POS) solutions, is revolutionizing the POS industry again with the introduction of its flagship OmniLink® TM-T88VI series, the latest addition to Epson's growing family of OmniLink intelligent POS printers. Offering a rich feature set for mobile POS and cloud services, the new OmniLink TM-T88VI is ideal for merchants in high volume retail, hospitality, and financial institutions where advanced connectivity and speed of check out is critical. It maximizes customers' flexibility to deliver a world-class transaction experience. The company has also added the OmniLink TM-T88VI-i printers, which extend connectivity to POS peripherals in mobile POS environments and improve storage capacity for local apps and web server support. Available from Epson authorized channel partners now, Epson will be demonstrating the new solution at NRF, January 15- 17 at the Javits Convention Center, NYC, booth # 3343.
According to "The 2016 Smart Decision Guide to Restaurant Management and POS Systems," sponsored by Agilysys, "Today's operators are seeing the biggest technology shift since the 1980s. Mobility, flexibility, and customization are hallmarks of this new POS." Epson is continually evolving its core POS product solutions to accommodate the requirements of this next generation POS.
"For over 25 years, we have been innovating POS receipt printing," said Gregg Brunnick, director of product management for POS Printers and Robotics, Epson America Inc. "By listening to industry partners, we have continuously improved the customer buying experience. An important goal of managing technology within organizations is to ensure that the right user gets the right technology at the right time and can process the transaction quickly. With rich features such as multi-interface connectivity, OmniLink Merchant Services (OMS) support, NFC, optional Beacon, and improved transaction speeds and reliability, we allow merchants to provide higher quality service and better engage with their customers."
OmniLink TM-T88VI Key Features
- Multi-interface connectivity allows for the printer to be dynamically shared between legacy PC-POS terminals, tablet and mobile devices as well as the ability to print from cloud servers
- Standard triple interfaces-TM T88VI includes built-in USB & Ethernet, along with the Connect-It module port to ensure maximum flexibility and future-proofing of the customer's business
- Incorporates Epson's ePOS™ Print technology to support printing from web-based applications
- Designed for the cloud-it incorporates built-in functionality to leverage leading POS applications or to perform remote firmware upgrades via Epson's OMS. It also utilizes Server Direct printing for online ordering applications and printing from cloud servers.
- Beacon1 support provides distributed proximity-based printing with Apple devices using Bluetooth Low Energy
- NFC -Near Field Communication technology for easy pairing with mobile devices in distributed printing environments2
- Ultra fast transaction time -achieved with print speeds of up to 350mm/sec3 plus a high-speed autocutter
- Advanced paper saving functions-reduces paper usage by up to 49%4
- Improved reliability with print head life of 200km and extended autocutter life of 3 million cuts5
- The OmniLink TM-T88VI-i supports all of the TM-T88VI features as well as the added support of up to 4 USB POS peripherals, improved network security and more storage capacity for web applications