The Evolution of the Durable Barcode Scanner
In production, manufacturers create products with a reason. When customers have a need, it is Socket Mobile's job to meet it. Barcode scanners were originally developed with the purpose of data capture, to improve stocking, help ring up items and keep track of what’s been sold and what is still available on the shelves. With the expansion of barcode usage, the workforce began using their scanners in more diverse settings, which included harsher workplaces. Thus, opening the need for more scanners that were more durable.
Socket Mobile’s original Durable barcode scanner was created with the intention of meeting the every day demands of the barcode scanner and then some. Robust, withstanding falls, tumbles, harsh environments – the Durable was built strong so the only concern users had was their task at hand, not their tool in-hand. It was meant to be a help, not a hindrance.
The Durable’s Stats:
- Made with antimicrobial material for protection against potentially harmful microbes
- Durable – Withstands multiple 6.6 ft (2m) drops to concrete, rubber bumpers for extra protection
- Ideal for retail POS, field service, inventory management, asset tracking and more
- Comes in Gray
- Fully Programmable
As time will always tell, sometimes tough isn’t tough enough. And so, the DuraScan® is born - an even tougher barcode scanner with an IP54 rating that is not only simpler to use, its battery lasts twice as long; it’s intuitive with LED lights; it comes in three different colors (Construction Orange, Safety Green and Utility Grey) and it even comes in an NFC Reader/Writer edition as part of the DuraScan 700 Series.
The DuraScan’s Stats:
- Protective Material - Made with antimicrobial additives to help protect against harmful bacteria
- Long lasting battery - Power to last for two 8-hour shifts
- User feedback - Intuitive LED indicators let users know battery, Bluetooth connection and scanning status at a glance
- Rugged Design – Protection rating of IP54 for dust and water splashing protection; withstands multiple drops to concrete and repeated tumbles
- Wireless (Bluetooth® Technology) - scanning for Apple®, iOS, Android and Windows® mobile devices
- Wearable - Includes lanyard/ belt clip for convenient access wherever you go
The Series 7 Durable has run its course and reached the finish line. Leaving other scanners in the dust in the early years, its time in the sun has now set. The Series 7 Durable passes the baton to DuraScan – the future in improved Durable Scanning Solutions.