Samsung Announces Back to Business Display Solutions for The Changing Business World
Samsung Offers Display Solutions to Equip Businesses of All Sizes in Preparation for a Safe and Efficient Operating Return
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. announced today a wide range of commercial display solutions to get companies back to business. Focused on the three key areas of Safety, Collaboration and Communications, Samsung worked together with partners on display solutions that equip business owners with the tools to operate successfully and efficiently. To demonstrate how these display solutions can aid companies in reopening operations, Samsung will be hosting keynotes, customer panels and product experiences on July 15 and 16 in an interactive virtual conference, “Samsung V/X: Back to Business.”
“At Samsung, we pride ourselves on always listening to our customers to provide display solutions that fit their present-day needs,” said Harry Patz, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Display Division. “Our displays power innovative solutions within a broad range of industries, including SMBs, hospitality and quick serve restaurants, to address specific customer pain points. We are excited to work with customers to find the right solutions to enable them to get back to business and implement ongoing efficiencies for them to succeed.”
Companies rely on displays for important communications to their customers, including directional and informational cues. Samsung worked with partners to develop specific display solutions that address the safety, social distancing and hygiene needs of customers. The flexibility of the Samsung display line up as the foundation for these innovative solutions provides businesses with the opportunity to address specific concerns within each industry.
Access & Safety
Businesses nationwide are faced with the challenge of coming up with new guidelines and procedures to ensure a safe and secure environment. Samsung is offering display solutions with key partners designed to safely empower businesses to get back to work.
Along with partner Palmer Digital Group, a division of the Industrial Enclosure Corporation, Samsung is introducing a Temperature Screening Kiosk* to seamlessly screen and track temperatures before entering an establishment.
“Palmer Digital Group’s temperature testing kiosks have become a line of defense for employees and customers,” said Charles Lewis, Vice President of Business and Sales at Palmer Digital Group. “Our kiosks are paired with Samsung 32-inch displays, so each user is given clear instructions and information.”
Remote management for displays also plays a large role in keeping up with the drive-thru and curbside pick-up demand at quick serve restaurants. Samsung’s content and device management solution, MagicINFO, is critical in enabling franchise owners to share menu updates and feature brand promotions in real-time. Samsung is offering a limited time 90-day trial of the MagicINFO Cloud Hosted Solution to provide businesses with the opportunity to test capabilities on their Samsung displays.1
Productivity & Collaboration
Productivity and collaboration tools offer companies the flexibility to function both in offices and remote settings. Equipped with ultra-wide, curved panels and Thunderbolt 3 ports, Samsung’s business monitor portfolio empowers business users to seamlessly work together no matter the location.
Hybrid work environments, with some employees based in an office and others telecommuting, creates an even greater need to collaborate remotely. Samsung and Cisco partnered to design Webex on Flip to offer executives and employees the ability to work as a team across various offices and environments.
“Work styles are changing, and workplaces are transforming,” said Sandeep Mehra, Vice President and General Manager of Webex Rooms. “The modern workplace is all about collaboration hubs and businesses looking to attract the next generation of employees by adapting and implementing the very kinds of technology Samsung and Cisco partnered to create.”
Webex on Flip features various editing tools and the ability to share and source content from multiple connected devices, all with smooth video conferencing, crystal-clear audio and detailed picture quality. Available in 55- and 65-inch screen sizes, Webex on Flip allows for both video conferencing and a digital flipchart simultaneously to produce a more productive and engaging collaboration in any business setting.
Information & Communication
As business owners embrace the new normal, they need to communicate in meaningful ways with their customers and patrons. Innovative signage solutions allow for real-time updates so businesses can arm customers with the most up to date safety and brand messaging.
The new Samsung Pro TV provides businesses with the capability to communicate with customers around the clock. Ranging in size from 43 to 75 inches with an extended 16 hours, 7 days a week operating time, this display enables business owners to stream important content for their customers while continuing to promote safety guidelines and brand information.
Businesses can easily update messaging on the Pro TV with the Samsung Business TV app featuring 100 customizable templates they can upload right from their mobile device.
“Providing businesses with new, easy ways to use digital signage is more important than ever,” said Mark Quiroz, Vice President Marketing, Display Division. “Our new Pro TV, designed for verticals including SMBs, healthcare and education combines a stunning 4K visual experience with a simple do-it-yourself app that allows users to communicate like a marketing pro.”
As Samsung continues to innovate on back to business solutions, the new Pro TV Terrace Edition launching later this year is designed to withstand the elements while delivering exceptional brightness and image quality. Hotels, restaurants and live venues can use this outdoor display to communicate important safety guidelines for customers while also increasing awareness of deals or special offers.
Customer and Partner Testimonials
Learn more from the customers and partners showcasing how they are working with Samsung to get back to business safely and efficiently:
- Hospitality: “Wyndham Destinations has worked directly with Samsung for the past 10+ years. Our long-term partnership is a display of their commitment to our business and our guests,” said Britton Wren, Sr. Director of Procurement and Strategic Development at Wyndham Destinations. “This relationship is built on trust, consistency and accessibility. As we begin the process of reopening properties, we rely more than ever on Samsung to ensure we are providing our guests with outstanding TV and display technology for their in-room entertainment.”
- Hospitality: “Samsung has been a reliable and trusted partner to Marriott for many years. Samsung can always be counted upon to deliver high quality, well thought-out solutions that support our technical objectives,” said Scott Hansen, Sr. Director of Guest Technology, Global Operations at Marriott International, Inc. “As the hospitality industry increasingly becomes reliant on efficient, digitally delivered products and services, Marriott has benefited Samsung’s knowledge and insights to provide our guests best in class experiences within our hotels.”
- QSRs: “As our franchises around the country start on the path of our new normal, we are more reliant than ever on our signage,” said Mahtab Damda, president of Kazi Foods, Inc. Franchisee Owner of Burger King, KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell restaurants. “Thanks to Samsung’s cutting-edge technology, we can update our customers with the latest social distancing measures, restaurant in-dining hours and any changes to the menu in the blink of an eye, while keeping our team safe.”
- Healthcare: “Jupiter Medical Center used the Flip 2 as an integral part of our COVID-19 Incident Command Center,” said Gary Moorefield, Director of Technical Services at the Jupiter Medical Center. “It was so important to have a solution we could take with us from room to room. Also, not having to deal with re-writing notes or taking photos of whiteboards and instead of having the capabilities to e-mail notes after a meeting has drastically increased our efficiencies and streamlined our meetings.”
- Education: “We need easy to use, reliable and secure technology to empower teachers and engage students,” said Cynthia Saunders, Superintendent, School District of Manatee County in Florida. “Partnering with Samsung and United Data Technology on dynamic and interactive displays installed throughout our K-8 student classrooms and public spaces improves our schools and makes a meaningful impact on our student’s futures.”
- Live Venues: “As cities start to reopen, Samsung technology offers our customers a better viewing experience than they would get sitting at home,” says Director of AV Operations for Cordish. “With locations nationwide and cities opening at different paces, it’s reassuring to have a partner like Samsung working with us to deliver a quality product in any environment.”
- Public Safety: “Our Thermal Protect solutions make protecting organizations effortless, effective and immediate.” said CEO of HAVRION, Henry Fleches. “Integrated with Samsung SoC 13-inch displays featuring MagicINFO, the HAVRION Thermal Protect Kiosk features a slick metal exterior housing an adjustable height thermal device. The HAVRION Health Wall also uses Samsung System on Chip (SoC) displays to create an interactive experience.”
- SMBs: “Samsung is one of our key partners for providing display solutions to our clients,” said Tarun Raisoni, CEO and Co-Founder of Rahi Systems. “We work with Samsung to place products to ensure business continuity. Samsung really stepped up in this situation, maintaining their shipment schedules, keeping up their supply chain and always being available. We’re seeing the use of these technologies grow at rates around 200-300%, which we’ve never seen before.”
Upcoming Virtual Experiences with Samsung
To address the needs of companies as they get back to business, Samsung Display Division Senior Vice President and General Manager Harry Patz will deliver a keynote on the “State of the AV Industry” on Wednesday, June 17 at 2 p.m. EST during this week’s InfoComm 2020 Connected. Attendees can also visit Samsung’s virtual booth to experience the latest display innovations.
To learn more about the back to business solutions, attend Samsung’s free “Samsung V/X: Back to Business” virtual conference on July 15 and 16 by signing up with this link. For those who cannot join, the interactive and customizable experience will be accessible through the end of the year.
For more information on Samsung’s Back to Business solutions and offerings, please visit the back to business page on the Samsung website.
1 Please contact a Samsung sales representative [firstname.lastname@example.org] for more information. The trial is for Samsung Hosted MagicINFO Cloud Solution offering only. To keep MagicINFO Hosted Solution active, users must enroll in a monthly or annual service. For customers that prefer to manage their CMS onsite, perpetual licenses for recently launched MagicINFO 8 are available, which now includes one free year of maintenance service.
*Update as of June 17, 2020, 15:00 ET
- Digital Signage