Janam Expands Relationship with Century Software
TinyTERM enables enterprise-grade terminal emulation on Janam mobile computers
Janam Technologies LLC, a leading provider of rugged mobile computers that scan barcodes and communicate wirelessly, announced today that its newest rugged mobile computers are technically certified to run Century Software’s TinyTERM Enterprise mobile application.
TinyTERM Enterprise enables organizations to easily transition from legacy handheld mobile computers to multi-function Android devices without any changes to back-end systems. Combining highly configurable secure terminal emulation with an industrial web browser, TinyTERM makes it quick and easy to deploy purpose-built rugged mobile computers that require access to legacy hosts or web applications in modern Android environments.
- Century Software has certified Janam’s Android-powered XG3, XG200, XM75, XT2/XT2+ and XT100 rugged mobile computers, as well as the XG3 running Windows Embedded Handheld, to ensure interoperability with its TinyTERM Enterprise software.
- TinyTERM Enterprise provides an intuitive user interface and enables mobile workers to access UNIX and IBM host data and applications on Janam’s rugged mobile computers.
- TinyTERM Enterprise supports automatic screen translation of legacy ‘green screen’ applications into modern web-style graphics, enabling more efficient deployments and reducing user training time.
- With extensive barcode scanning and on-screen keyboard features, including screen-sensitive customized keyboards, keyboard swiping and scan-code completion functions, TinyTerm Enterprise enables fast and accurate data entry to maximize productivity in the field.
- Based on SSH, SSL and TLS protocols, TinyTERM Enterprise offers strong encryption, cross-platform interoperability and secure user authentication to keep business-critical data private, safe and secure.
Harry B Lerner, CEO, Janam Technologies
“As organizations look to transition from older devices to more modern, industrial-grade, rugged mobile computers, extending the value of their previous technology investments is critical. Janam’s relationship with Century Software establishes a bridge between existing and new technology and modernizes outdated ‘green screen’ applications to increase productivity and enhance the user experience.”
Gregory Haerr, CEO, Century Software
“Century Software’s enterprise-grade feature set combined with our focus on providing quick-turnaround custom software modifications for our customers will allow Janam and Century to provide a superior solution in accounts requiring legacy access and rugged Android reliability.”
Learn more about Janam: www.janam.com
Follow Janam on Facebook: www.facebook.com/janamtechnologies
Follow Janam on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/janam-technologies
Follow Janam on Twitter: www.twitter.com/JanamTech
Janam Technologies LLC is a provider of rugged, handheld computing devices for mobile workers. Janam combines deep industry knowledge with advanced technologies to deliver products and accessories that increase productivity, reduce costs and improve customer satisfaction. Specializing in purpose-built mobile computers that scan barcodes and communicate wirelessly, Janam offers products that are designed to run mission-critical applications in retail, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing and logistics. For more information, visit www.janam.com.
About Century Software
Century Software Inc. is a provider of secure terminal emulation solutions for mobile, web and desktop access to IBM and UNIX hosts. Century is focused on enabling the transition from older legacy handheld devices to Android ecosystems, with its associated benefits. We offer high-value mobile application access software solutions and work directly with corporate IT staff, as well as systems integrators and other resellers. For more information, visit www.centurysoftware.com.