Evolis launches a range of paper cards
Location: United States
A sustainable alternative to PVC
Evolis paper cards are made from cellulose fibers without the addition of plastic.
The paper used comes from forests which management is certified sustainable; the cards thus have the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) label.
Now available in the Evolis product range, these cards meet the industry standard (CR80: 0.76mm thick).
A low environmental impact
A technical survey carried out with LCIE Bureau Veritas shows the environmental interest of paper cards, when compared to PVC cards: they reduce 8 environmental indicators out of 9.
After use, paper cards are biodegradable and compostable; the paper is recyclable (the paper cards can be thrown in the recycling bins).
Available in white for monochrome printing in black, Evolis paper cards are recommended for short-term use (events, visitor identification, luggage cards for hotels) or which involve little manipulation (gift cards, loyalty cards).
A Global Environmental Concern
Environmental concerns are integrated at all levels of the company and at all stages of its activity
- The product’s design is integrated into an eco-responsible approach thanks to the Life Cycle Assessment of printers (certified by LCIE Bureau Veritas); it is then possible to design products that are more respectful of the environment.
- Products consume less energy thanks to the reduction in power consumption of Evolis card printers.
- Consumables have a reduced impact on the environment: Evolis Research & Development efforts have enabled the use of recycled materials for cassettes and mandrels.
- Bioclimatic premises: the Evolis (Beaucouzé) headquarters uses solar panels located on the roof and can collect rainwater for sanitary and watering use.
- Waste is reduced and recovered in production areas and offices.