Vendor Management - Manager
We are looking for motivated and self starting Vendor Management - Manager. The primary responsibility of the Vendor Management - Manager is to provide direction and guidance to the Business Development Managers (BDMs) to promote and grow our vendor lines by developing and supporting marketing programs. This position works closely with the VP of Marketing, VP of Sales and Global Marketing Manager to support marketing and sales activities (shows, events, campaigns, etc.) and utilize their marketing expertise to develop and execute marketing programs that will increase demand and drive revenue.
- Impacts sales results by developing, supporting and executing marketing activities.
- Manage and assist Business Development Managers with management and development of the BlueStar/Vendor Business campaigns, initiatives, and business plans.
- Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintain a safe, secure and legal work environment; develop personal growth opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff results by communication job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching; counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies, procedures and productivity standards.
- Assist in executing marketing campaigns and plan events based on annual marketing plan.
- Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale of profitability of products, lines or services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
- Provide coordination and project management to ensure marketing events are a success.
- Provide input on requirements for additional tools to grow revenue.
- Management of Vendor Co-op/MDF fund allocation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have extensive experience in management functions: planning, organizing, directing, and controlling of financial and material resources which include:
- Bachelor's degree required in business, marketing or related field
- 7+ years of experience in managing a team of marketing professionals
- Experience in performance management, coaching, mentoring, fostering teamwork and conflict management.
- Sales experience is a plus
- Exceptional project management skills required
- Must have excellent communication skills in person, over the phone and presenting to large groups.
- Must work well with sales staff, Value Added Resellers (VAR) and Vendors.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite IE: Work, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the Point of Sale (POS) and Automatic Identification and Data Capture (AIDC) channel is a plus.
To apply in the traditional way, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Missie Bolen
3345 Point Pleasant
Hebron, KY 41048